Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day -2, drive to Leipzig

EN: Saturday morning, I woke up at 6 am, packed and charged the car, drove to Namur to get the kayak of Yves. He's a fireman and he is the guilty person as he told me about the existence of the Vistula last August when I first met him. We are now good friends. The rain started when I went back to Brussels and I saw 2 massive accidents on the road as the rain became very strong.
PL: W sobotę wstałem o 6 rano, zapakowałem i podładowałem samochód, po czym pojechałem do Namur żeby odebrać kajak Yves'a. Jest strażakiem i osobą odpowiedzialną za całą tę wyprawę, jako że to on powiedział mi w ubiegłym roku o istnieniu Wisły. Teraz jesteśmy przyjaciółmi. Kiedy wróciłem do Brukseli zaczęło padać i zobaczyłem pierwsze dwa groźne wypadki samochodowe - deszcz był naprawdę silny.
 
I then went to the embassy and had a good discussion about the Vistula with the ambassador Artur Harazim and his communication assistant Kamilla. I shared an excellent moment with a man who knows the importance of the river and the ecologic issues it is facing. I also did a quick video interview for Samsung as they are making video presentations of the Torchbearers.
PL: Potem poszedłem do ambasady i odbyłem rozmowę o Wiśle z ambasadorem Arturem Harazimem i jego asystentką Kamillą. To była wspaniała chwila z człowiekiem, który wie jak ważna jest ta rzeka i z jakimi ekologicznymi kłopotami się zmaga. Miałem też krótki wywiad z Samsungiem, który przygotowuje video-prezentacje niosących pochodnię olimpijską.
 
I left the embassy at 11 sharp and started driving east. The rain continued all day and I have never seen so many large accidents with cars ended completely wrecked in different positions. German roads are excellent but I must say there was so much water I felt driving on a river or a mirror. At 8pm, I was in Leipzig to meet Sven. He loaned me an pack raft for the journey and I will give it back on my return.
PL: Opuściłem ambasadę o 11 i skierowałem się na wschód. Deszcz padał cały dzień i nigdy w życiu nie widziałem tylu wypadków samochodowych - auto leżały na drodze w najróżniejszych pozycjach. Niemieckie drogi są znakomite, ale muszę przyznać, że było na nich tyle wody, że miałem wrażenie jakbym prowadził samochód po wodzie albo po lustrze. O 8 wieczorem byłem już w Leipizg, gdzie spotkałem się ze Svenem. Pożyczył mi  ponton na czas wyprawy.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you stayed in Leipzig! Enjoyed the evening! The rain came complementary with the packraft to have a good flush down the upper Wisła! Sven

    ReplyDelete