Saturday, April 28, 2012

Drysuit testing and last preparations

EN: In a week I'll be in Poland. Yeah! But first there are heaps of things to do. I tested my Kokatat Expedition Drysuit. I went to the canal, jumped in it -floats well- swam and did my last kayak training. 2 hours until dark. In expeditions, I love it when it's dark, everything is calm, it's colder so the sweating is less. You see less so you focus more on the progression. I then went eating some fries in a snack dressed in yellow (no I'm not turning into fries) and took a shower to check what I would be able to see if there heavy rain having the hood on. I'm very satisfied of the result.

PL: Już za tydzień będę w Polsce! Ale najpierw mam mnóstwo rzeczy do zrobienia. Własnie przetestowałem mój kombinezon wodoszczelny Kokatat Expedition Drysuit. Poszedłem nad rzekę i poprostu wskoczyłem w nim do wody. Przepłynąłem się w nim, wsiadłem do kajaka i zabrałem się za wiosłowanie. Swój ostatni  (dwu-godzinny) trening przed wyprawą zakończyłem o zmierzchu. Lubię podczas wypraw tę porę dnia kiedy już się ściemnia i zapada cisza. Temperatura też jest przyjemniejsza i człowiek już się tak nie poci. Poza tym, utrata widoczności zmusza mnie do większej koncentracji, aby dotrzeć jak najdalej przed nocą. Po treningu, nadal w moim żółtym kombinezonie, poszedłem na frytki (pewnie sam wyglądałem jak frytka), a po powrocie do domu wszedłem w nim pod prysznic by sprawdzić czy będę w stanie coś widzieć mając założony kaptur podczas deszczu. Muszę przyznać, że jestem bardzo zadowolony z wyników testu. 

1 comment:

  1. Just found out about your challenge and thought "and he hasn't invited me?" Just joking.
    I was born in Poland, living in the US now. I'll be following your adventure with great interest.
    Good luck and most important, have fun!!!

    (a shy request, do you think you could remove word verification? Blogger is pretty good about filtering spam out and their new two word security system is quite annoying. Just sayin')

    ReplyDelete